Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Girl With The Purple Cushion



A classic, I painted this painting in my old studio at the Arts Factory, it is probably the warmest and most comforting to look at. we worked from 11pm till 7am in the morning. The original sold to a friend in New South Wales, was 120 x 90 cm, and painted in oils. Most of it was painted in one go, I did go back to the painting once to finish the background. For a long period, at least five years, I promised myself to finish paintings in one go, so I would learn to work fast and make instant decisions. This approach has improved my skills dramatically and filled my work with live and energy.
prints of this painting are available from my store at www.byrontik.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This painting really grabs me. I was searching the net for inspiration to create a painting of Byron Bay and stumbled upon your website. This piece in particular is just so soft with such warm colours and shadows. You can get lost in it.

Your site also reminds me just how much I miss Byron and the Arts Factory too, so if you ever need another model... ; )

Great work!

Byron _Tik___Art_ Bay said...

hi monique,
you''ll have to send me an email if you want me to get in touch with you :)